Welcome to Rakuten, the best way to earn Cash Back and find deep discounts when you shop. Since 1997, Rakuten has helped shape the way people shop online. We acquired Ebates in 2014 and have grown to over 12 million members to remain the largest, free member-based savings programs in the U.S. To date, our members have earned over $1 billion in Cash Back.
How does Rakuten work?
Rakuten saves you money by using a simple business model: Stores pay Rakuten a commission for sending our members to shop at their websites. Rakuten then splits that commission with you, in the form of Cash Back.
To earn Cash Back:
- Join Rakuten: It’s free and only requires an email address and a password.
- Start a shopping trip with Rakuten by clicking on one of our links (on our site, in an email or in our mobile app, for example).
- You’ll be notified that Cash Back has been activated, and then just shop as you normally would.
And that’s it! Once the store notifies us of your order, Cash Back will be added to your account. Then, every quarter, we send you your Cash Back as a Big Fat Check or PayPal payment.
How is Rakuten different?
Whenever you click through a link to shop at a store (from social media or in promoted search results, for example), it’s likely that store is paying for your click. The difference in shopping with Rakuten is that when stores pay us, we pay you.
- Membership is free.
- There’s no limit to how much Cash Back you can earn.
- There are no rebate forms to mail in or points to count—we just send you your Cash Back, no strings attached.