Ebates Cash Back only works when our system can communicate with the stores where you’re shopping. Stores must recognize you as our member when you shop, and we must receive information from the store about your purchase.
If you’re experiencing technical difficulties, we encourage you check your cookies and any ad-blocking software you may have installed.
To ensure you receive Cash Back, be aware that:
- There is security software, like Kaspersky, and protection software that may prevent you from earning Cash Back.
- If you’re using firewall software, like Zone Alarm or Norton Internet Security, you’ll need to keep the ad-blocking option turned off during your shopping trips.
- Toolbars that are installed in your browser may redirect your shopping trip from Ebates and take credit for your order. If you have toolbars installed, you’ll need to make sure they’re not linked to other shopping rewards or coupon sites.
- Shopping trips in private or incognito mode, as well as spyware or adware programs, can disrupt proper reporting of your shopping trip and prevent you from earning Cash Back.
- If you experience issues signing in and using Ebates, you may need to adjust your security or privacy browser settings.
If you have an ad blocker installed, you may experience issues earning Cash Back with Ebates. Ad blockers can prevent us from tracking your shopping, which is necessary for determining when you qualify for Cash Back. If you have AdBlock or Adblock Plus, you can try adding the Ebates Cash Back Shopping filter list, which tells your software to remove blocking for certain stores. Click below to add the filter list:
In some instances, adding the Ebates Cash Back Shopping filter list won’t successfully enable Cash Back. If you continue to see ad blocker alerts after adding the filter above or if you have an ad blocker other than AdBlock, Adblock Plus or uBlock, you can disable your ad blocker during your shopping trips, and then re-enable it after you’re done.
Please also note that whitelisting ebates.com will not resolve any issues. If you whitelist ebates.com, you will not see the ad blocker alerts, but issues preventing you from earning Cash Back may still occur.
Still stuck? Contact us and we’ll be glad to help.
How to Turn off Content Blockers on Your Mobile Device
Ebates Cash Back only works when our system can communicate with the stores where you’re shopping. Stores need to recognize you as our member when you shop, and we need to receive information from the store about your order.
If you have content blockers installed on your mobile device, we won’t be able to track your shopping and determine when you qualify for Cash Back.
To make sure you get Cash Back, we recommend that you either shop with the Ebates App or disable your content blockers while shopping.
To disable content blocking on your mobile device:
- Go to Settings and select Safari.
- Select Content Blockers.
- Make sure all content blockers are turned off.
You may need to start your shopping from Ebates again after following the steps above.
When you’re done shopping, you can follow these same steps and turn on all the content blockers again.
Questions? Contact us and we’ll be glad to help.